The sun is out in Melbs, meaning rooftop bars are a go! And what better way to start spring than with Heroes’ monthly rooftop Yum Cha party!
Interested? Yeah us too! The Yum Cha Party starts on October 14th and is guaranteed to give you and your pals a good night and an even better feed.
Get ready for a magical combination of yum cha, good company and outdoor Asian charcoal barbecue – all on a rooftop.
We’re excited to say the least.
But that’s not even the best bit! For only $45, you get a choice of two dishes, classic yum cha sides and two beers, Mimosas and sparkling. Umm yeah, it’s a definite yes from us.
During this yum cha delight, the head Chef of Heroes’, Alicia Cheong, will be collaborating with a number of super talented Melbourne chefs to create one meat and one vegetarian dish to cater for everyone!
So who are these gifted chefs? The yum cha goodness will start with Cheong being supported by chef Dane Inzunza from Fancy Hank’s, followed by Ross Magnaye from Fitzroy’s Rice Paper Scissors and lastly, Jerry Mai from Vietnamese restaurant Annam.
If you weren’t aware of Heroes, firstly have you been living under a rock? And secondly, we highly recommend you go check it out ASAP! It’s a four level rooftop Karaoke bar that includes amazing food inspired by Hawker markets of Singapore and Malaysia. So once you’re finished eating your body weight in yum cha, you can attempt to work it off by belting out your fave tune!
With Heroes’ Hawker-style barbecue menu, this is what you can expect to eat at the first Yum Cha Party on Sunday October 14th:
- Smoked beef short rib with sweet cola and fermented beetroot glaze and BBQ sweet corn with black garlic and provolone
- Crispy soy pork belly with spring onion ginger dressing and puffed pork rind and charred okra and jicama salad with black vinegar sesame dressing with lotus chips
- Yum Cha sides will include deep fried Sambal buns, steamed chive dumplings, congee and spring onion pancakes.
Sounds like it’s going to be a yummy night, (get it? Cause Yum Cha?)
Where: 188 Bourke Street, Melbourne CBD
- Sunday 14 October: Daniel Inzunza (Fancy Hank’s)
- Sunday 4 November: Ross Magnaye (Rice Paper Scissors)
- Sunday 2 December: Jerry Mai (Annam)
Price: $45 for two dishes, yum cha sides and two beers
By Jasmine Petrovksa