Warning: This article contains fierce excitement and multitudes of exclamation points. Why the excessiveness, you may ask? Because free hot dogs ya’ll!!!
The Bavarian is opening its doors for the first time in Highpoint Shopping Centre and they are celebrating with the deal of the century. On the 31st of August from 5pm onward the Bavarian is giving away 500 hot dogs, completely free, for those first in best dressed! The Bavarian is an established restaurant with 15 locations across the east coast of Australia and can boast of serving the best beers and quality food for its patrons. I know, I can feel your thoughts through the screen “this spectacular news has made my day and there is nothing that could possibly top it”. Well strap in for metaphorical turbulence, cause I’m about to shake it up even more.
Located outside Highpoint Shopping Centre on Level 1 at The Junction, the 500-seat restaurant will offer a little taste of Oktoberfest every day of the year with a menu of Bavarian classic dishes, such as the famous crispy pork knuckle, complemented by 17 beers on tap, including imported Bavarian favourites Lowenbrau, Franziskaner, Stiegl and Hofbrau and locally crafted brews that can be served in signature 1 litre glass steins. Yes you read that right, 1 litre glasses. The Oktoberfest spirit doesn’t end there! From the 22nd to the 27th of September the Bavarian will feature exclusive menus with five limited edition Oktoberfest beers, fun foodie challenges and group packages; all available in honour of Munich’s famous annual festival.
Looking for a casual date spot or a new place to grab dinner with your mates? The Bavarian is what you’re looking for, with communal tables, bench seating blend in with high-top tables and stools at a long timber bar. Eight large-screen TVs offer a line-up of entertainment and sports games – whether you’re a fan of the bachelor or the footy is more your style, you can enjoy dinner and a show! The menu also has a contemporary spin with lighter bites such as chicken wings, pork bao buns and spicy squid, loaded schnitzels with various toppings, and build-your-own salads from a checklist of fabulous, fresh ingredients… what’s not to love?
Deep breathe fellas, because there’s actually more! Why not plan a meal a day at the Bavarian and get bang for your buck with these special deals:
- On Mondays from 5pm you can purchase half roast chicken, chips and slaw for $10
- Tuesdays feature a two-for-one deal on any regular schnitzel
- Wednesday special is a refillable’ All You Can Meat’ platters for the bargain price of $35 per person (BYO wheelbarrow is recommended as you will inevitably need to wheel your gorged mates away)
- There are two-for-one cocktails on Thursday and a happy hour every weekday from 4pm to 6pm, which includes $5 beer, wine and spirits and $1 chicken wings
- Grab a schnitzel and beer for $15 from Monday to Friday between 11am and 4pm
- Every Sunday the focus is on families, with children under the age of 12 eating for free from the kids’ menu with a paying adult, as well as free face painting from 12pm
Fantastic beer, quality food, great entertainment and it all begins with frankfurters! Kick off your Friday night in the best fashion possible, with a smile on your face and a hot dog in hand – best part is that both will be free! It’d be best to place this one in your daily planners so it doesn’t slip under the radar and you’re inevitably kicking yourself for buying steamed veggies for dinner.
Where: The Bavarian – Highpoint Shopping Centre, Level 1, The Junction
When: 31st of August from 5pm onwards
What: 500 free hot dogs at The Bavarian
By Penelope Amanatidis