We’ve come up with some simple do’s and don’ts for New Years Eve so you can have a sparkling night and enjoy all the festivities (minus any embarrassing moments… we hope).
Time to enjoy all the food and drinks before we start planning for all those New Years resolutions (that we won’t keep) once again.
- Don’t plan on wearing an expensive outfit, white jeans or shoes that pinch and leave you with blisters. Let’s be honest, you’re going to get rowdy and things are going to get ruined/stained – it is New Years Eve after all…
Do wear something festive to leave the past behind and bring in the new year. “New year, new me”, right? C’mon we’ve all said it before…
- Don’t have high expectations.
Do enjoy every moment, no matter where the night takes you.
- Don’t leave the house at the last minute and rock up overly late to the event.
Do anticipate traffic – every Tom, Dick and Harry is celebrating so leave early to make the most of it.
- Don’t drunk text your ex! (we promise you will regret it the next day).
Do call and message your family and friends you can’t be with.
- Don’t go to something that you won’t enjoy just for the sake of being out.
Do plan a night with your favourite friends, food and wine! Last minute plans always turn out to be the best ones.
- Don’t get drunk before midnight (no one wants to be looking after you when the countdown is happening).
Do have shots at midnight because nobody cares anymore.
- Don’t worry about eating too much.
Do eat too much. Your new year healthy eating resolution (the same one for the past 12 years) can start tomorrow.
- Don’t take a million selfies and post a 200 second snap chat story.
Do take drunk photos of others for future reference but most of all enjoy the night by being in the moment.
- Don’t drink and drive.
Do have a safe way home planned (or somewhere to stay).
- Don’t leave your house without a fully charged phone and rechargeable battery pack.
Lastly, DO splurge on the Mumm and Veuve!
Happy New Year everyone!
By Adriana Vanni